Billie Eilish The Diner stalker

Fans find hidden meaning on Billie Eilish’s new album and think a song is about her stalker

Last year Billie Eilish got a restraining order against an intruder who broke into her home

Billie Eilish fans think they’ve cracked the subject matter of The Diner on her new album Hit Me Hard and Soft, after the lyrics seem to directly reference her stalker – one of who stalked her so terrifyingly she has had to file restraining orders against him for threatening her family and intruding on her property.

The Diner, track eight on her acclaimed new album, is actually written from the point of view of her stalkers – making the Billie Eilish track instantly more sinister. The lyrics include “I saw you on the screens, I know we’re meant to be. I’m waitin’ on your block, but please don’t call the cops,” and “I came in through the kitchen lookin’ for something to eat, I left a calling card so they would know that it was me.”

Fans think this is a direct reference to a restraining order Billie Eilish filed last year against a man who she found disrobed on the decking of her home. The Diner ends with a phone number that fans can ring which will give them a message of Billie Eilish saying “hello” and saying she’ll call them back.

One fan wrote on Twitter / X: “Billie Eilish is such a genius for writing THE DINER  in the perspective of a stalker & then the number at the end makes it seem like they called her and she’s just like hello? Hello??? Cause she obviously doesn’t know who they are.”

Billie Eilish has often been really open about the fact she has stalkers, saying to Rolling Stone “I don’t feel safe in my house anymore, which sucks. I love my home.” In 2021 she spoke to the Irish Times about how she has “a lot of stalkers”, explaining “I have people that want to do bad things to me, and I also am freaked out by the dark and, like, what’s under beds and couches. I have a lot of weird, irrational fears. So I’m still at my parents’ house a lot. I just love my parents and really like it here. It’s very comforting.

Recommended stories by this writer:

Omg, Billie Eilish got caught moaning about TikTokers being at the People’s Choice Awards

Inside the iconic and wholesome friendship between Lana Del Rey and Billie Eilish

• Erm so Lana Del Rey’s Born To Die album shoot was done in Watford?