Nine things every American in Britain is tired of hearing

Seriously, stop it.

Hide Images

If you're an American studying or living in England, or have a friend who's American, you've definitely been around at least one of these conversations. Here are all the things Americans are absolutely sick of hearing.

1. Oh, you're American? I've always wanted to go to New York!

Oh yeah New York is great. I live about 2,738 miles west from there and have never been there, but yeah same thing. New York = USA.

2. Your friends use a fake American accent whenever they say your name or quote you

This is just the way everyone addresses you now, your teacher, your professor, your boyfriend's mom. I really appreciate it, thanks. It makes me feel right at home.

3. Ask us why America is going downhill and proceed to tell us that they would never live there (no offence)

Yes, I'm aware Trump is president and you all hate him. Great, thank you so much for your opinion. I'll definitely take your little nugget of advice into consideration.

4. Did you vote for Trump?

Um, no. I just met you so please stop staring at me like that.. It's like the first question of a test to see whether they'll start arguing politics with you.

5. Tell you about the holiday they went on in California when they were eight in 1987

They can't remember where they went, but they're adamant about some palm trees, corndogs and the beach, or wait was it Florida? You just nod your head and keep saying "oh that's cool" and "that sounds nice".

6. You're from America? Oh that's cool. My cousin twice removed lives in Milwaukee. Do you know a Nick?

Oh no way, Nick from Milwaukee? No, don't know him.

7. What's the deal with Thanksgiving and Halloween? Do you actually celebrate?

Hey, we just like our autumnal celebrations. Candy, pumpkins and turkey- what's not to like exactly?

Too much…?

8. Ask you if all people in America are obese and carry guns

Where do you even begin? No, but apparently the British don't all look like Tom Hardy or Benedict Cumberbatch or speak like the Queen. You also don't drink tea for every meal of every day.

Keep the questions coming

9. Does everyone really drink out of those red cups?

Well, they're great for beer pong. But no, Americans don't have a universal agreement to just drink out of one specific colored cup.