Image may contain: Pub, Person, People, Human

This is the last week The Globe is open and here’s what’s happening

A fond farewell x

Just when we thought we had come to terms with East Slope closing, The Globe announced it's end as well. The bar will shut it's doors for the last time this weekend, and they have a few special events happening before then. This is the last week that the Globe is open and here’s what’s happening:

Image may contain: Pub, Bar Counter, Drink, Beverage, Person, People, Human

A final drink at the beloved Globe

The much loved Student Union bar is set to close this week, with it’s last hours of service being this Saturday. As the Laine Pub Company, who own the pub, have decided to sell, the Union’s tenancy has ended. Although The Globe has been the centre of many great, drunken pub nights out, it means we have to find another place to get cheerfully pissed, and somewhere else to pre-drink before going to Casablancas.

But, the good news is, there’s loads going on this week to give you enough Globe-fuelled fun to last you through the summer.

Wednesday – Last SKINT at The Globe (EVER!)

Just like our best-loved East Slope, we will have to say goodbye to the best venues of Skint. Be sure to catch the cheap drink deals this Wednesday and get pissed without feeling broke by the end of the night. With £2 pints and £2.50 mixers, you’ll be sure to say goodbye to the Globe in the best way possible. By getting absolutely sh*tfaced.

Thursday – Smashed Vinyl Presents: BeachTape plus Special Guests.

Brighton’s locally-based music magazine Smashed Vinyl are hosting a music-fuelled evening on Thursday in order to celebrate the end of an era. Their regular DJs will be playing throughout the night and local indie/alternative band BEACHTAPE will also be playing to start off the evening. The music acts continue including performances from: Method Actress, Jenny Eva and Bue Roses. Only £3 for entry on the door, the event promises to be a music-driven and booze-filled evening for everyone.

Saturday – St Patrick’s Day

Saturday will be the huge final send-off for The Globe. What better way to do this than on St Patrick's Day? Celebrate the Irish holiday by spending your evening at The Globe's final day of service. With £3.50 Guinness all day you can be a very merry drunk in the best way possible. With the Fiddler’s Street Party happening just up the road (starting in Boyce’s Street), you can have a jam-packed St Patricks day and say goodbye to a favourite student venue at the same time.

So, as we start saying goodbye to 2 out of 5 of our Union bars it seems all too real that good things must come to an end. But if you fancy clinging to the nostalgic memories of the much-loved pub, be sure to hit up some of the events going on during the week.

Image may contain: Terminal, Airport Terminal