Everything happening in Brighton this March

Your ultimate guide to what events are occurring this month

Hide Images

Shrug off your winter coats and unwind your scarves, it’s time to step into spring. This March there are lots of fun events happening in and around Brighton. Here’s exactly what’s going down…

FemRock presents International Women’s Day Special at The Green Door Store, Friday 3rd March

Girls unite! To celebrate International Women’s Day (8th March), The Green Door Store is hosting a night dedicated to women in music with live performances from a selection of bad ass girl groups.

Tickets

National Mulled Wine Day at East Slope Bar, Friday 3rd March

Apparently the 3rd of March is National Mulled Wine Day but who’s complaining? If you didn’t consume enough of this spiced drink at Christmas head to East Slope Bar where warm batches of mulled wine will be available all day long. Think of it as your belated gift from Santa.

SKINT Tuesday’s 11th Birthday at East Slope Bar, Tuesday 7th March

Since it’s first night in 2006, SKINT Tuesday has gained a reputation for providing cheap alcohol, shit music and the best mozzarella sticks in Brighton to the devoted students of Sussex University. So put on a party hat and head to East Slope Bar to help celebrate SKINT’s 11th Birthday, heres to many more Tuesday’s to come.

Pink Week at Library Square, Wednesday 8th March

“On Wednesday’s we wear pink.” To help raise money and awareness for Breast Cancer, Library Square will be hosting a pink week. Think cakes, boobs, glitter, boobs, candy floss and oh… more boobs. Coppafeel will also be present to help teach girls the best ways to check themselves as well as provide information about the signs / symptoms of Breast Cancer.

VegFest UK 2017 at Brighton Centre, Saturday 11th March to Sunday 12th March

VegFest UK, one of Europe’s biggest vegan festivals, will be taking over the Brighton Centre for a whole weekend. Expect lots of delicious vegan food as well as an array of stalls selling great vegan alternatives for clothes, cosmetics and body care.

Tickets

University Challenge at East Slope Bar, Sunday 12th March

Ever watched University Challenge on TV and thought you’ve got what it takes? Now’s your chance to find out. East Slope Bar is hosting a quiz where you can compete against elite students who have actually represented Sussex University in the past. If the sweet smell of victory isn’t enough to convince you to take part, free drinks are on offer for anyone who can defeat the past contestants.

SoulJam ‘Move On Up!’ at Patterns, Tuesday 14th March

Ha, ha, dance! SoulJam is once again gracing Brighton with an all night long dance party at Patterns. Blasting the very best of Funk, Soul and Disco music, this night will truly be a boogie wonderland.

Garage Nation at the Arch, Saturday 18th March

As part of it’s 20th anniversary tour, Garage Nation will be hitting Brighton’s shores for a night dedicated to the very best of garage music. The lineup includes Romeo (So Solid Crew), Scott Garcia and Mike ‘Ruff Cut’ Lloyd to name but a few. This event is guaranteed to sell out in advance, you’d be insane to miss it!

Tickets

Live Screening of the RBS Six Nations Final at East Slope Bar, Saturday 18th March

Calling all Rugby lovers! Head to East Slope Bar for a live screening of the RBS Six Nations Rugby Final. There will also be great pitcher deals and food available from 12pm.

Varsity 2017 at the University of Sussex, Sunday 19th March

It’s the ultimate sports battle between Sussex University and Brighton University. This year, Sussex will be hosting Brighton for a day packed with fierce sports fixtures. All events are free to watch so come along and show some team spirit. May the best uni win.

First Dates at Room 76, Sunday 23rd March

Had enough of being single or just fancy finding a mate? Room 76 is hosting an evening of First Dates to raise money for Mind, the mental health charity. Make sure to register your interest prior to the event by emailing [email protected] to avoid disappointment. Sadly, Fred Sirieix will not be in attendance.

Foreverland: Brighton Apocalypse at the Arch, Monday 24th March

It’s the end of the world as we know it. Say farewell to 9am lectures, Pryzm wednesdays and bank-breaking carrier bag charges. Head to the Arch and celebrate the night like it’s your last. Expect face paint, doomsday dance squads and live performances from the likes of the Artful Dodger and Taiki Nulight. Let’s go out with a bang.

Tickets