Stirling in the LooP for new club night

Stirling is set for a new quarterly club night

| UPDATED club Dave Thompson Harri House James Harrigan Loop Mediterranea night stirling Sub Club

A local DJ and student has created LooP, the new Stirling club night dedicated to house and disco.

26-year-old Dave Thompson, the mind behind LooP, has managed to get James Harrigan (best known as Harri) to headline the LooP launch night this Friday.

James Harrigan AKA Sub Club’s Harri

Harri is a prestigious name within Glasgow’s house scene and has a record-breaking 20 year residency at the renowned Sub Club. Dave said: “Harri was always going to be my first choice for booking.

“The man is a living legend of the scene and we became friends after I supported him in Glasgow

“I asked if he fancied coming back to Stirling to play at the intimate basement venue Mediterranea and he said yes.”

Thompson has DJ’d at Dusk Nightclub for 8 years and now feels it’s time to move on from the chart music he is often associated with.

Thompson enjoyed an 8 year spell as a DJ at Dusk

“The reason LooP was created was so I could host different music to what I am known for playing at Dusk.

“In Glasgow I’ve always been lucky to play house, disco and a little techno so I thought why not try my hand at playing it in my home town of Stirling.”

Adamant to keep his night fresh and people interested, LooP is going to be either tri-annual or quarterly to avoid it becoming “over-diluted”.

LooP will be there to help the hangovers from Fubar’s popular Tiki Thursdays

“The night is not about making money it is just a party that we can all just have a good dance and banter at.

“I’ve been lucky enough to have DJ’d at Dusk for 8 years since I was 18, however this year will be a little strange as I have started studying at Stirling Uni.”

LooP will be launching this Friday 10th October at Mediterranea.

Stirling’s newest club night