Hope for Scottish graduates

Scotland’s graduate job success on the rise

graduate graduate jobs jobs scotland stirling

Getting a university degree isn’t without risk, especially in recent years. You’re saddled with debt and are in no way guaranteed a job. However, the past few years appear to be more hopeful for students in Scotland.

According to Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) a fifth of graduates will not find a job in their chosen field after university, some experiencing a low paid job for six months afterwards. However, in Scotland it is believed that over half of those graduated in 2011 were in permanent positions six months afterwards, with very few finding themselves unemployed.

There may be hope for Stirling’s students yet

Scotland was found to be the best place in the UK for graduates last year, with HESA revealing that 90% of students who graduated from Scotland were in ‘positive destinations’ compared to England’s 87%. The Association of Graduate Recruiters recently announced that there could be up to a 10.4% increase in graduates getting jobs this year.

Interestingly, once out of university, 78% of Scottish students moved down south and gained jobs in London and the South East.

Meanwhile, the University of Stirling has stated that 94% of graduates will get a job once they have left the university. These facts considered, it appears that going to university is starting to highlight its benefits, as well as proving all the people who believe it’s not worth it wrong.