The Adamson hosts fashion show for Marie Curie Cancer Care

Yet another charity fashion show…

It seems that St Andrews loves its charity fashion shows. This time however, it wasn’t the event that gave us pictures of Kate Middleton in that dress but the Adamson that opened its doors to The Stand. It is the second year running that the restaurant has shown its glamorous side for Marie Curie Cancer Care.

Doors opened at 7pm, where guests were greeted with cocktails and canapés from acclaimed head chef Scott Davies, a name that is likely to sound familiar to regular Stand readers. Live music played before clothes from St Andrean stores, including Joules, Phase Eight and Fox and Bhut, were displayed by local models of all ages, including one particularly hilarious young boy named Charlie who kept the audience laughing with his cheeky humour and dancing. Although I couldn’t stay until the end, I’ve been told that there was both an auction and raffle with many wonderful prizes available.

There was a sense of the community coming together for a fun and vibrant night while helping to raise money for a worthy cause. Speaking to host David Tanner, it became clear that this spirit is characteristic of all the events that the Adamson hosts throughout the year.  For David, the fashion show is a “lovely mixture of old St Andrews, new St Andrews and the student community”, so much so that he was more than happy to come back for a second year running.

Personally, I’m just excited to see what the Adamson will do next.

Photos by Kelly Saiz