True LAD or not True LAD? That is the question…

Now, we at The Tab have been somewhat reluctant to put this website up for fear of being labelled misogynistic bastards by people who simply don’t get the joke. But […]

Now, we at The Tab have been somewhat reluctant to put this website up for fear of being labelled misogynistic bastards by people who simply don’t get the joke. But in the interests of the greater good it is time to formally introduce Southampton to True Lad: a site which celebrates all things laddish. Judging by the fairly frequent references to well known watering holes around town (Jesters is often mentioned), I’m sure that many of you will have come across this rough diamond previously.

For the uninitiated though, True Lad presents a humourous insight into the blunt psyche of men of all ages. Sometimes dark, often disgusting, but almost always funny it seems to me to be an accurate barometer of how confusing we chaps find the 21st Century, and is a refreshing antidote to the increasingly prevalent image of domesticated, metrosexual man.  Even the most timid, beta-model-male will find at least one post to identify with on each page and will feel their chest hairs growing as they read. Common themes are as expected: sex, meat, sex, football, sex, other sport, sex, reversion to childhood, sex etc etc.

Judgement from the GoodLAD and ShitLAD rating system is fair and brutal: posts celebrating cheating and other dastardly behaviour are rightly ShitLADed whereas tales of bravery and extraordinary feats are given the thumbs up, which will surely give some hope to critics who might jump to conclusions and proclaim the website as the beginning of the end.

Girls, be horrified if you wish… this is how his mind works. SHITLAD?