Applications for The Sheffield Tab’s Editorial Team are now OPEN

Applications close 27th March

The Sheffield Tab is read by thousands of students each month, and is known as “Sheffield’s very own gossip girl”. We are looking for new editors to join our editorial team for the next academic year of 22/23.

The positions available are Feature Editor and Social Media Editor. We’re looking for students from all across Sheffield, at either Hallam or Uni of.

These are editorial positions, so some experience would help. If you’ve written for a publication in the past or have your own blog for example, you should definitely apply. Whatever your experience, you’ll be trained up by our experienced editors to get you up and running.

Features Editor

As a features editor, you’ll be in charge of writing and editing all of our feature pieces.

You’ll be pitching feature ideas to our writers. It is your job to know what students will find interesting, funny and entertaining.

This means you get to be creative and opinionated within your articles.

Social Media Editor

You will be responsible for regularly posting on our Instagram and Facebook, and making sure our media pages are interactive and entertaining.

As our social media editor, you must have a good eye for Sheffield memes and aesthetics.

This role includes sharing published articles, creating memes, posting engaging Instagram stories, and making sure our audience is always interacting with our pages.

If you want to gain experience within social media, this role is great to apply for.

Think you’ve got what it takes?

If you are interested in any of the roles above and would like to apply, fill out an application form here.

The deadline for applications is Sunday 27th March, with successful applicants beginning their roles in April.