Image may contain: Party, Person, People, Human

Leadmill have announced their Freshers’ line up for September

17 events are planned to start the term

The Leadmill have announced two weeks of Freshers' events which will take place across September and early October.

Club nights include the award-winning eighties night Club Tropicana, as well as indie disco Sonic and two unofficial Arctic Monkeys after-parties.

There will also be the return of the Leadmill Comedy Club, as well as quizzes based around Peep Show and Friends.

Free pizza and face paint will be on offer on Friday 14th September for the first Gaga Friday of the new uni year, which will blend indie pop with R&B, dance and chart music.

Saturday 15th September sees a free entry Sonic club night, where clubbers can expect to hear tunes from Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, and Florence and the Machine.

There will be a Freshers' Rave curated by promoters Sliced Bread on 17th September with bassline, garage, grime, drum and bass and jungle tunes across two rooms.

Image may contain: Night Life, Night Club, Club, Poster, Person, People, Human

Not only is football coming home, so are Sheffield's biggest musical export and space lounge jazz enthusiasts Arctic Monkeys. Their first two sold out Sheffield Arena shows are going to be marked with two unofficial after-parties at Leadmill.

Also planned for that week are the return of Club Tropicana, recently announced Sheffield's best club night at the Exposed Awards, a carnival themed Gaga event, and a Sheffield special edition of Sonic, where plenty of Milburn and Pulp tunes will be played.

Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Poster, Person, People, Human

Further events into the second fortnight of Freshers include Big Mad Andy's Peep Show Quiz on Sunday 23 September, a UV neon rave and a silent disco on the 24th and 25th, and a messy paint party on the 27th.

Organised Chaos will be bringing student night Loose to the club, with third Gaga and Sonic freshers events, a quiz dedicated to Friends, and the monthly Leadmill Comedy Club rounding off the plans.

So whether you're into drum and bass, dirty dancefloors and dreams of naughtiness, or Danny Dyer's Chocolate Humonculous, the chances are that Leadmill has something for you across the second half of September.

Tickets for all events are available here.