Image may contain: Crowd, Audience, Person, People, Human

The best gigs in Sheffield this June

Make sure you get to these shows

Festival season is quickly approaching and the summer is finally here. However, this time of the year doesn't stop new and upcoming bands filling some of Sheffield music venues.

So if the weather takes a turn for the worse on your evening barbecue or you just fancy a night checking out the biggest new names on the block, go and have a listen to some of these great acts.

Ashfields – The Green Room, 24th June

Since forming the band in late 2015, Ashfields have really knuckled down and have really made a name for themselves, whether it's in their hometown of Nottingham or on stage at Birmingham Arena supporting Biffy Clyro. The five piece bring their tour to Sheffield before taking on festivals around the country.

They are held in high acclaim by BBC Introducing East Midlands and DHP Family Promoters and its easy to see why with singles such as "We Don't Talk" and "Eclipse". One for fans of Catfish and the Bottlemen and Nothing But Thieves, this gig is a must see, especially with its taking place at the very intimate venue on Devonshire Green. Tickets are only £5 and are available through this link.

Graces – Café Totem, 13th June

If you haven't heard of Graces and you live in Sheffield, where have you been? Following their headline show at the Foundry and support slots with King No-One, the four piece are bringing their hard-hitting yet ambient live show to Café Totem, and it's free! Described by BBC Introducing as "mind-blowingly good", this is not a gig that is to be missed.

Their latest single 'Hotel' and its accompanying video, which was filmed around Sheffield city, is impressing critics throughout the country and their fanbase is growing rapidly with every show they do. Although this show is sold out, you can still sign up to the waiting list here if tickets do become available.

Image may contain: Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Poster, Person, People, Human

Graces take on Café Totem on 13th June

Spiders Eat Vinyl – West Street Live, 21st June

Having the manifesto of making "great pop music with all of the guitars, synths, and sequencers in our arsenal" is quite a good approach to making music and Spiders Eat Vinyl certainly use their equipment to their advantage. Channelling some of LCD Soundsystem's later work, the Sheffield two piece have just released a new EP named "Riga/Palma", with two very catchy tracks that demonstrate the potential they possess.

Although they have been making music as a group since 2005, their latest work shows how they have developed over time and could really be onto something in the near future. Entry is free with support starting from 8pm so make sure to get yourself down to this one.

Heavy Lids – Café Totem, 9th June

Image may contain: Vegetation, Tree, Outdoors, Nature, Land, Jungle, Forest, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

Sheffield five piece Heavy Lids

Sheffield is currently home to many good up and coming bands, and Heavy Lids are no exception. Forming at Uni Of and already featuring in a Tab interview, they've started to make a name for themselves on the local music scene. Their debut single "Neon Graffiti" is being released only a day before they get on stage at the Furnival Gate venue, and according to BBC Introducing Sheffield it's "beautiful stuff". Tickets are available here.

Photos used are taken from the respective bands' Facebook pages.