Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Person, People, Human

A water infection caused Gemma Collins to cancel her Plug appearance last night

Sheff students were NOT happy

There was widespread disappointment across Sheffield last night as Gemma Collins cancelled her appearance at Plug at the last minute.

In circumstances completely out of the hands of Plug or promoters, Organised Chaos, Gemma – who had switched on Christmas lights in Essex just hours before – blamed a water infection for her pulling out.

Going to loads of effort to break the news gently via an Instagram post, she said: "Sadly I won't be making Sheffield tonight I didn't want to let anyone down.

"Doctor's orders, bed and rest for me. I have a water infection guys I'm sorry. I don't want to let anyone down but I have to rest. Love you all."

Image may contain: Phone, Mobile Phone, Electronics, Computer, Cell Phone, Person, People, Human

Some clubbers found out the news at pres

Organised Chaos issued a statement reading: "We are extremely sorry for the disappointment this may cause, but it is totally out of the control of OC and Plug."

Needless to say, students looking forward to the event – which, as with previous Loose Thursday celeb appearances, was set to attract over one thousand people – were disappointed at Gemma's decision.

Gemma enthusiast Eden Cady-Mckellar had all travelled all the way from Manchester to see her, and was at a friend's house when news of the cancellation broke.

Eden told The Tab: "I trekked all the way to Sheffield from Manchester to see my babe Gemma and was absolutely buzzing. But when she cancelled I felt like she just dropped me like that stage did.

Plus I have a friend trip tomorrow with the coach leaving Manchester at 1pm. This was absolute dedication."

Another fan, Chloe, had made the trek to Sheffield from Bradford in the hope of meeting the meme queen.

Pulling out at such short notice is poor form from Gemma – let's hope that it's just a stage she's going through…