Pret a Manger is opening in Sheffield on Thursday

And they’re giving away FREE lunches

The spot formerly known as Coles Corner situated on the corner of Church Street is soon to become home to a new Pret a Manger branch.

Before now, Sheffield residents had to travel to Meadowhall to buy and browse the vast selection of lunch goodies that Pret has to offer. Now our sandwich prayers have been answered and a Pret a Manger will be open for business on Thursday 9th November.

If that's not exciting enough, Pret have also announced that they will be opening doors early on the 8th Novemeber for people to have sneeky peak inside.

However you'd better get there quick because the first 400 customers will receive a free lunch. This complimentary lunch will consist of your choice of a salad, wrap, baguette or sandwich with a dessert or snack plus a cold and hot drink completely free of charge. Not to mention the free wifi and water tap. This really is what dreams are made of.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZoLEPajON8

Before now, this key spot in Unit 2 Fargate belonged to a HSBC branch, a place that students most likely avoided. This is sure to change once the scent of halloumi wraps and the famous Pret Christmas sandwich fly through the City centre. Sheffield University student and Pret enthusiast Grace Nuttgens said "I literally can't wait for it to open, my student loan will be no more!".

Whilst many of our student loans are bound to get spent on fancy soup and organic coffee, around twenty individuals are expected to get a job working in this new branch. The Pret a Manger team are also on the look out for charity partners that will be involved in the donation of food that goes unsold by the end of the day. Meadowhall's Pret currently donates their food to an organisation called Roundabout who support the young people of Sheffield who find themselves homeless on the streets.

The Pret Foundation Trust manager Juanita Cracchiolo said "It makes us proud to know that the food we hand-make in our shops each day is not only enjoyed by customers, but is also donated to very worthwhile places once our shops close for the evening."

This popular chain was founded in London in 1986 and has since opened branches across the country, selling a range of sandwiches, baguettes, soups, salads, snacks and more.

There is no doubt that this brand new branch of sandwich heaven with be a great addition to the City of Sheffield by providing its excellent hospitality and food to Students and residents of Sheffield as well as donating to those in need. November will be a good month for lunch.