Summer Social Tickets sell out in an hour

Online tickets sold out faster than Glastonbury

Online tickets for the SU end of year blowout sold out in four minutes this morning, with physical tickets selling out an hour later.

Its apparently the biggest party of the summer, as students who queued from the SU to the Foundry and beyond were left to be disappointed after the Summer Social Circus sold out in record time today, smashing last years’ time of 4 hours.

Pandemonium struck the SU’s website and Facebook pages shortly after 11am as tickets online had sold out in only 4 minutes and people rushed to wonder why they couldn’t invest their student loans in getting a ticket.

3000 tickets sold out at a rate rivaling Glastonbury, who’s were gone in half an hour, where instead of popcorn and crazy golf, there’s the likes of Muse, Adele, and everyone’s favourite roadman, Stormzy.

This left the remaining physical tickets to sell out in just over an hour at the SU Box Office, presumably only that long because the printer couldn’t go any faster, as these tickets literally went like hotcakes.

It’s unbelievable that hoards of partygoers were so keen to secure a ticket considering the end of year event is usually branded as underwhelming. But that hasn’t stopped the chaos.

Katie Bennett, History & Sociology second year, was amongst those left disappointed and has said: “It’s like THE thing to do, well it’s not even that good, I’ll probably just beg anyway”.

Calum Paver, English and History finalist, said: “It’s mad. Honestly like fucking Glastonbury”

Unfortunately for thousands of students, like Katie, queuing in unprecedented numbers, the Summer Social Circus dream is over. Then again, there’s always West Street Live.