The best hidden hangover breakfast spots in Sheffield

How the morning after could make your night worth it

Who says the thrill is over once the lights come up?  Whether you’re looking for a boozy breakfast to continue the night’s fun,  or simply need something to make that 10 AM lecture all the more bearable, we’ve found the real remedies for your morning hangover.

Alyssum Cafe Bistro

Discover Mediterranean flavours inside this little gem which can be found in the heart of Crookesmoor.  Deriving from the latin meaning ‘sweet senses’,  it definitely lives up to its name. Having only opened last year this place has already acquired a cluster of fans, who love it its cute style and authentic menu, which provides everything you could ask for… and we’re literally talking about salted caramel carrot cake to blueberry grilled cheese sandwiches.  This is definitely the place  to go if you like the weird and wonderful – wherever you’ve been the night before, it can’t be as wacky as their double chocolate lasagne.

Come to me

The Green Room

Does anything look better to you in your hours of need than a full english?  We think not. With a quirky atmosphere and a menu providing all the essentials,  like giant burgers and extra hash browns, this is the perfect place for you if you’ve had a rough night, and are in desperate need of a little (or a lot) of comfort food.  Near to the city centre, you can satisfy your senses whilst listening to live music and lounging about.  This is the place you come to let go of all your regrets.

Extra hash browns are so important

Blue Moon Cafe

With a skylight ceiling and stripped floors, not only is the Blue Moon Cafe diverse in its style, but also in the tastes it has to offer.

Here everything is veggie and vegan – you can find a wide assortment of delicious snacks, from meat free pasta bakes to vegan ice-cream and gluten free chocolate cake – nowhere fits the needs of everyone quite like it.  Being a buffet, there’s not a lot of waiting around, which – lets face it – is the worst part about eating out.  If you want a meal made truly from the heart, this is probably the best bet for you.

Veggie friendly

Remo’s 

Calling all freshers! We know that fresher lifestyle can leave the idea of breakfast as faint as a distant memory… but if you’re looking to fulfil those early morning cravings, this little cafe is the perfect solution.  Situated close to both Endcliffe and Ranmoor, Remo’s offers an Italian infused breakfast menu, giving you the chance to indulge in a wide selection of continental breakfasts, whilst sipping on frothy cappuccinos and iced lattes.  With their custard filled french toast and eggs served in all shapes and sizes, Remo’s is guaranteed to meet the personal tastes of all.  After all, what better way to spend your hangover than gossiping about the night before whilst sampling a plate of Italy’s finest?

Italian infusion

Marmadukes Cafe Deli

Tucked away in the midst of the city centre, this shabby-chic cafe is what we would call ‘the best of British.’  Although more upmarket, the friendly buzz and delicious home-cooked foods are worth every penny. The diversity of the menu will no doubt leave your taste buds spoilt for choice and the enormous cake portions are sure to satisfy even the biggest munchies.  With a cosy atmosphere, Marmadukes is an ideal place to take that special someone, or y’know.. just your mum and dad.

That’s a perfect poached egg