Potter-mad student wins at Twitter

Student achieves fifteen minutes of fame after solving JK Rowling’s anagram on Twitter

Get excited Sheffield – the one true Hermione of Twitter walks among us.

A Potter-mad Sheff student correctly guesses the answer to JK Rowling’s anagram, briefly reaching the heady heights of “twitter fame”.

PhD student, Emily Strong, correctly guessed the answer to the anagram tweeted by Rowling, finding herself inundated with attention across the Twittersphere.

Rowling tweeted this anagram, causing twitter to lose its shit

Rowling posted the 49-character riddle, which served as  promo for a new trilogy.

Over 24 hours of twitter chaos then ensued, before Emily guessed the correct answer, referring to a character in an upcoming trilogy of Rowling’s.

Emily was then inundated by tweets and replies by Potter fans across the Twittersphere.

Emily’s shining moment

JK Rowling herself also direct messaged Ms Strong for a small chat about her favourite Potter novels, as well as congratulating her on her success.

Emily admits “I enjoyed the five minutes of fame, but I know it’s no more than that”, conceding that the aftermath of “just letter-arranging” was very exciting.

Even her dad took to Twitter to profess his pride via the very dad-like hashtags “#ProudDad and #EclipsedByProgeny”.

Her story has even been featured in the likes of Time magazine website, and the BBC World Service.

Fancy putting that on your CV

JK Rowling herself also bestowed upon Emily the amazingly CV-worthy title of The One True Hermione Of Twitter.

Definitely one to boast about down the Leaky Cauldron.