Three men stabbed outside Nottingham nightclub Mojo on New Year’s Eve

Their injuries are not thought to be life threatening

Three men were stabbed after a fight broke out outside Nottingham city centre nightclub Mojo, Nottinghamshire Police has confirmed.

One 24-year-old man sustained injuries to his chest and back, one 18-year-old man was treated for a leg injury, and the third victim, also an 18-year-old man, sustained injuries to his chest.

Three men have been arrested, two of which are 18 years old and the third 24 years old, on suspicion of affray in relation to the incident, which took place on Thurland street just after 4am on New Year’s Day.

Two of the three victims remain in hospital but their injuries sustained in the incident are not thought to be life threatening.

Detectives have issued an urgent appeal for information, and want to speak to taxi drivers in particular who may have been working in the area at the time of the incident.

Nottinghamshire Police’s Detective Inspector Kayne Rukas said: “This was an extremely serious incident and we have been working hard to establish what happened.

“We know there were a number of taxis in the area at the time and I would like to directly ask any drivers who may have seen anything or may have dash-cam footage of the incident to come forward.

“Taxi or bus drivers working in the early hours of New Year’s Day elsewhere in the city may also have noticed an injured passenger or one with bloodstains on their clothing.

“They could hold important information which will help officers understand what happened in the moments before, during and after this incident.”

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting incident 240 of 1 January 2023.  You can also call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

Police appealing for witnesses after Notts student attacked on way home from night out

• Emergency services called to huge house fire on Harrington Drive in Lenton

• University of Nottingham investigating two accounts of hate crime towards staff

Featured image via Google Maps.