Two men arrested after Nottingham student house burgled

Both remain in custody

Two suspects linked to a student house burglary in Nottingham have been arrested.

Nottingham Police responded to reports of a break-in at a student house in Arboretum, on Monday 21st November.

High-value electrical equipment was reported stolen from the property.

After further investigation, police officers made two arrests on Alfreton Road, Arboretum.

Two men, aged 58 and 68 were arrested on suspicions of burglary, and remain in custody.

Nottinghamshire Police have reported 37 student house burglaries in the last year, issuing a statement to students asking them to keep doors and windows locked.

Detective Sergeant Simon Carter, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: “Our investigation into this incident remains ongoing to piece together exactly what happened but I am pleased to say we have already managed to recover some of the stolen items.

“We understand the impact a burglary can have on a person and family and those people that live at the address – not just emotionally but financially too.

“This is why we take any reports of burglary extremely seriously and will always do everything in our power to not only find those responsible but also attempt to reunite any stolen goods with their owners.”

• Police issue warning to Notts students to lock their doors and windows to avoid burglaries

• A man has been arrested in relation to the burglary of four student houses in Notts

Two arrests made in connection to burglary at a student house in Notts