Two arrests made in connection to burglary at a student house in Notts

There have been 37 reported student house burglaries in the past year

Nottinghamshire Police have arrested two people after a burglary at a student property.

The suspects, aged 54 and 58 were arrested at the scene. The incident took place at a student house in Terrace Street, in Hyson Green, which is a popular location for Nottingham Trent students to live.

The older suspect was further arrested in connections with other crimes, including a burglary reported in Canning Circus on 21 October, and multiple shop thefts. The pair remain in custody.

Detective Sergeant Frank Guddemi said: “Officers did really well to respond quickly to this report and to make two arrests.

“Cracking down on burglary is a key priority for the force and we will continue to target anyone suspected to be involved in these offences.

“Most burglaries can be avoided and so I would again urge residents to lock all doors and windows when not in the property, asleep or otherwise occupied where an offender could walk in and take items.

“We would also encourage students to not leave valuables/possessions in communal areas. Students should store property in their bedrooms within their student accommodation.”

Nottinghamshire Police issued a warning to students earlier this week regarding burglaries, advising students to keep windows and doors locked as a preventive measure. There have been 37 reported student house burglaries in the past year.

Police issue warning to Notts students to lock their doors and windows to avoid burglaries

• A man has been arrested in relation to the burglary of four student houses in Notts

• Police are looking for two suspects after a TV was stolen from a Nottingham student house