Police appeal for witnesses after Notts students attacked in nightclub

The victim was grabbed by the scalp and assaulted

Nottinghamshire Police has released a photo of a woman involved in the assault of two female Nottingham students.

The incident took place in the smoking area of a nightclub on Talbot Street, in Nottingham city centre.

The victims were two female students, who the police have said were in the smoking area when they were attacked.

The pair, aged 19 and 20, were at the establishment on Saturday 1st October at 2.10am, when one woman was repeatedly punched in the face, and grabbed by her scalp. The suspect fled the scene after the assault.

The student was left with bruises and cuts on her body.

Speaking to Nottinghamshire Live, Detective Constable Sean Parker said: “This was a horrific, unprovoked attack in the middle of the smoking area of a Nottingham venue. There was completely no need for this attack on two teenagers who were just enjoying a night out in the city.

“We would really like to talk to the person on the CCTV image to help us with our inquiries. If you know the person on the picture or you are the person in this picture, then please get in touch.”

Featured image via Nottinghamshire Police 

• Police issue warning to Notts students to lock their doors and windows to avoid burglaries

• A man has been arrested in relation to the burglary of four student houses in Notts

• Two arrests made in connection to burglary at a student house in Notts