Attention music lovers: Here is a guide to all the upcoming gigs in Notts

Expect to see me at most of these

Nottingham’s music scene is a heaven for music lovers. Whether you’re into indie, pop or rap, Notts has it all. Some of the biggest acts in the world have graced the stages at our venues, so if you’re looking for a guide to the music scene in Notts, look no further. Here are some of the best upcoming gigs Nottingham has to offer at the vibiest venues in the city.

The Bodega

Bodega is the place to go if you’re wanting an intimate and close up gig. Hosting around 200 people, it’s the perfect venue to feel immersed in the music and to have a great view from wherever you’re standing. In its 23 years of being open, Bodega has hosted acts such as Coldplay and Sam Fender. Enjoy a Bodega lager downstairs in their bar before heading upstairs to the little, cosy stage room for a night of music and dancing.

Beka – Sunday 16th October

Finn Foxell – Friday 4th November

Nothing, Nowhere  – Monday 4th November

Abbie Ozard – Wednesday 30th November

Rough Trade

You may know Rough Trade as the iconic vinyl and album store, but they also host gigs and signings too. The venue’s perfect blend of visuals, cheap drinks and range of albums is a music lovers paradise. Tickets are very affordable and a staple place to visit if you’re in Nottingham. If you’re looking for a grungy but cool venue, which is good fun and has good music, head on down to Rough Trade.

The Big Moon – Sunday 16th October

October Drift – Monday 17th October

Bloodhound – Tuesday 18th October

Rescue Rooms

Rescue Rooms’ mission was to ‘create an incredible, intimate live music venue space,’ and with that they have hosted some major acts since 2003, such as Charlie XCX and Stormzy. Rescue Rooms is also known for their late-night events, such as the city’s longest running indie disco as well as their Saturday night collab with Stealth. If you’re looking to uncover some new up and coming talent, Rescue Rooms is the perfect location.

Hollie Cook – Thursday 20th October

Sancho Panza – Friday 4th November

Orlando Weeks – Friday 25th November

Badflower – Friday 2nd December

Rock City

Hoping to see some of the biggest artists in the world? Rock city is the place to go. With its long history stemming back to 1980, Rock city has hosted legends such as David Bowie, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Amy Winehouse and Nirvana. With its 40-year long history built with an impressive list of performers, Rock City still carries on that legacy today with artists from all genres. With acts to perform in the upcoming months such as Jack Harlow and Aitch, this is the place to be to spot the biggest stars.

Aitch – Friday 14th October

Jack Harlow – Tuesday 8th November

Loyle Carner – Monday 6th March

Motorpoint Arena

Motorpoint Arena is the biggest event space in Nottingham and in the East Midlands, hosting an audience of 10,000. So, if you’re looking for that big concert feeling whether you’re standing in the pit or seated, this is where to go. Motorpoint Arena showcases the biggest names in music. Superstars such as Beyonce and Lady Gaga have graced the stage on their world tours with the venue hosting over 800,000 people a year. There is no other place in Notts that will give you that same stadium feeling and it’s right in the city centre too!

Sugababes – Thursday 20th October

Westlife – Friday 9th December

The 1975- Sunday 22nd January

Easy Life – Friday 17th February

Notts has such a diverse and vibrant music scene, so we all should  make use of the great venues the city has to offer. With an exciting range of musicians playing in the upcoming months, we can’t wait to see you there.

• Police are looking for two men after student favourite Bargain Booze was robbed

• A man has been arrested in relation to the burglary of four student houses in Notts

• I spent 24 hours in Hallward Library and here’s what happened