Police are looking for two men after student favourite Bargain Booze was robbed

Both alcohol and money was stolen

Nottinghamshire Police have released CCTV images of two men following a robbery of the convenience store Bargain Booze.

The Dunkirk-based convenience store was robbed at around 6.20am on September 9th. Two men ordered a worker to empty the till and fled the scene after an alarm was triggered.

In addition to money being stolen from the store that is popular with students, alcohol was also taken.

via Nottinghamshire Police

22-year-old student Isabel Ellis, who has only recently moved into the area, said: “It’s usually a quiet area. I haven’t had any issues so far, I thought it seemed quite friendly and nice, so it’s a bit of a surprise.”

A regular customer, Amanta Jose, 25, added: “I haven’t heard of anything like this incident round here before.”

Detective Constable Tim Townsend of Nottinghamshire Police said: “This was a frightening incident for the employee who was only going about his job.

“No one should be threatened while simply doing their job and that is why we are determined to track down whoever is responsible. We believe the men in these images may have information that will greatly help with our investigations and urge anyone with information to come forward.”

People with information are being urged to call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 77 of September 9. Crimestoppers can also be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111.

• Couple who met at Nottingham Trent return seven years later to get married on campus

Police investigating after group of 50 teenagers raided McDonald’s in Notts city centre

• Line of Duty actress Vicky McClure receives honorary degree from University of Nottingham

In-article image via Nottinghamsire Police website.