Police investigating after group of 50 teenagers raided McDonald’s in Notts city centre

The group stole food and verbally harassed staff

Nottinghamshire Police are investigating after a group of up to 50 teenagers stormed a branch of McDonald’s in Nottingham’s city centre.

Videos circulating on the internet appear to show the group, who are thought to be aged between 14 and 16, jumping over the counter in the restaurant and stealing food. They are also seen stealing soft drinks as others film the events on their mobile phones.

The event occurred around 9pm on Sunday 21st August at the Clumber Street branch in Nottingham city centre.

Police say that after the majority of the group had left the shop, about 20 remained who were abusive and threatening towards staff.

A spokesperson for McDonald’s told LADbible: “We’re aware of an incident that took place at our Clumber Street restaurant on Sunday night. We were shocked and appalled by the incident which has absolutely no place in our restaurants.

“The incident was reported to the police who attended the restaurants. We will continue to support the police with any further investigation.”

@itvnews

McDonald’s stormed by teenagers in Nottingham #itvnews #mcdonalds #nottingham

♬ original sound – itvnews

A spokesperson for Nottinghamshire Police said: “We are treating this incident very seriously. This is a commercial burglary as the group forced their way behind the counter of a business and stole food and drinks.

“It is completely unacceptable. No arrests have been made yet but we will be working with the Clumber Street McDonald’s and carrying out inquiries to find those responsible.”

Featured image via TikTok.

Related articles recommended by the author:

• A third of student accommodation will cost more than the average maintenance loan

Line of Duty actress Vicky McClure receives honorary degree from University of Nottingham

• Notts graduation ceremony cut short after staff member collapses on stage