University of Nottingham ranks second most targeted university by top employers

University of Manchester is ranked first

University of Nottingham has been ranked second in a list of universities that are targeted by the largest number of top employers, report finds.

UoN came second to University of Manchester but was above the likes of King’s College, Durham, Bath, and UCL.

The recently released report is titled “The Graduate Market in 2022: Annual review of graduate vacancies  & starting salaries at the UK’s leading employers”. The report is based on the Times Top 100 Graduate Employers which includes the likes of AECOM, Barclays, Google, ITV, Microsoft, and MI5.

The document delves into the top businesses offering graduate jobs and breaks down the different graduate starting salaries available. Chapter four of the 28-page report looks into what the graduate recruiters prioritise when hiring students, for example, ethnic diversity targets were classed as a “very high” priority by 79% of employers and gender diversity targets by 68%.

Stuart Marriott, Associate Director of Careers and Employability, said, “Our team has worked really hard over the last year to foster valuable employment prospects for our students and it’s great to see this come to fruition.

“We believe that careers opportunities are a valuable part of what makes the student experience at Nottingham so valuable not only to our students but to our alumni competing in the job market.

“The number of graduates hired in 2021 and the further increase in availability opportunities for the class of 2022 is very encouraging for our students and alumni.”

• These are the highest graduate starting salaries in the country right now

• Graduate salaries are finally set to rise after SEVEN years

• Graduates are being hit with a ‘tax rise by stealth’ on their student loan – but what does it actually mean?