Image may contain: Double Decker Bus, Vehicle, Transportation, Bus

Hopper bus route extended so it now stops in Lenton and the City

The Hopper bus now stops at Faraday Road and Savoy Cinema

The hopper bus service is being extended to give more options to students and now stops at Faraday Road, Savoy Cinema, Canning Circus as well as Wollaton Street.

From the 2nd November, the University of Nottingham introduced new stops to the 901 and 903 hopper bus services. These changes have arisen due the dreaded new lockdown and are aimed at releasing pressure off city bus services as well as to aid students and staff during these times.

Dr Paul Greatrix told My Nottingham News that these changes are amongst of a “series of measures” to enforce the positive “health, safety and wellbeing of our university community”.

Despite these changes to the route, the hopper bus will still be free to students who present a valid student card.

The 901 will see the reintroduction of Nottingham Trent Clifton stop whilst the more popular 903 service is undergoing a total restructure now stopping at Faraday Road, Savoy Cinema, Canning Circus as well as Wollaton Street. Unfortunately, it will no longer go into Jubilee campus, however it will stop just outside the Jubilee South Entrance.

• Notts Trent make face coverings mandatory in class

• UoN confirm on-campus teaching will go ahead throughout lockdown

• Active Covid-19 cases at UoN drop by 92 per cent