Notts Trent make face coverings mandatory in class

They’re basically a part of us now x

Nottingham Trent University have made face coverings mandatory when in class and on campus.

This new rule comes following Boris Johnson’s announcement of a national four-week lockdown that came in force at 01:00am this morning.

Students at the university were informed via email in an update from the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Edward Peck:

‘NTU remains open, with COVID-secure environments, and there are a range of services and facilities available to you on our campuses. Under these latest restrictions you are still allowed, and very much welcome, to attend classes on campus and use our campus facilities.

We are still working through the detail of what this will mean for some of our provisions during this period, such as field trips, NTU Sport and societies, but your teaching and learning will continue in blended mode until the end of term.

The Government now advises that face coverings should be used in all higher education learning environments, providing their use does not impact teaching and learning. All students should please wear face coverings when in class and on campus, mindful that some individuals are exempt from wearing them.

Please continue to respect Government guidance to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Wear face coverings when appropriate, such as in shops and on public transport, socially distance and wash or sanitise your hands.’

Peck stresses that blended learning will continue to take place and that this has been reconfirmed by The Minister of State for Education.  

This however, is under review at course, campus and institutional level on a daily basis.

He ends with reminding students to respect the local community, stay in their term time addresses until 2 December and wash or sanitise hands frequently.