Image may contain: Path, Architecture, Plant, Vegetation, Bush, Neighborhood, Urban, Building, College, Museum, Person, Human

UoN confirm on-campus teaching will go ahead throughout lockdown

The announcement was made in an email yesterday

Lockdown 2.0 is upon us and in light of this, the University of Nottingham has sent out an email to all students, updating them on the new guidelines and how this will affect both teaching and the university experience.

Despite the new lockdown measures put in place, the university has confirmed that they will remain open for in-person teaching, as part of their “blended learning” approach. Libraries, study spaces and campus services will also still be accessible for students.

The university emphasised the importance of remaining at university during this time, telling students “do not travel home”, until term time is over. They also asked students to not travel anywhere if you have been asked to self-isolate or have COVID-19 symptoms. Both of these rules have also been made clear by the central Government.

The email also stated that students can continue to socialise with their allocated households, exercise and visit outdoor public places, such as University campuses or public parks.

However, due to new Government guidelines, contact should be limited with other people and students must not visit other households or meet others with whom you do not live.

They added, that the university is making an active effort to increase campus-based events and entertainment as part of the Stay in to Save Lives campaign.

The email concluded with words from Professor Andy Long, UoN’s Deputy Vice-Chancellor: “I am grateful to everyone who has observed the measures we have put in place as a University to limit the spread of the virus since the beginning of term. Within our student community the number of active cases of COVID-19 continues to decline, to less than 100 cases at the moment.

“While this shows our COVID security measures are working, there is no room for complacency, please remember that we all have our part to play in limiting the spread of COVID-19 and protect our friends, our families and wider community.”