Breaking News

Government delays tier three lockdown in Notts to Friday

‘Nottingham people and businesses deserve clarity in difficult times. This is not good enough for our city.’

Tier three restrictions in Nottingham will now come into force Friday 30th at one minute past midnight, as opposed to Thursday 29th.

It is understood that the restrictions will still last for 28 days before expiring.

Further information about the financial package agreed and what specific restrictions will be put into place are yet to be released, despite it previously being stated that the full information for Nottingham would be announced on Tuesday 27th.

The delay comes following a decision from ministers to put the whole of Nottinghamshire into tier three, as opposed to just Nottingham city and its surrounding areas, due to the rise of cases in the northern half of the county.

Following the delay on the restriction and financial package announcements, city council leader David Mellen tweeted this morning: “Nottingham people and businesses deserve clarity in difficult times. This is not good enough for our city.”

At a minimum, tier three restrictions mean pubs and bars which do not function as a restaurant by serving “substantial meals” will be forced to close, meanwhile there are also stricter restrictions on individuals seeing people outside of their households.

For more information about what all the new rules entail, read our article explaining what tier three means for students.