Image may contain: Vigil, Kissing, Kiss, Person, People, Human

Police are investigating the Rock City bouncer incident as assault

Local authorities are appealing for the victim’s help

Police are investigating the incident at Rock City last Wednesday, where a bouncer threw a student to the ground and walked away, as assault.

This comes after The Tab Nottingham broke the story that the bouncer in question was suspended from working at Rock City a day after the incident last week.

The student was seen being restrained and chokeholded in the queue outside Crisis last week, before being thrown to the ground by the bouncer.

The story gained wider press attention, and was reported on by the Nottingham Post and the Daily Mirror following the assault.

Rossi, a second year Nottingham University student who filmed the incident, claimed that "the boy wasn't being physical, it was his mates", noticing that the victim "was left on his own for a few minutes until medics came to him".

He added that "the bouncers didn't check to see if he was okay or provide any medical attention towards him after."

In connection with the investigation prompted by DHP, Rock City's management company, local authorities have asked the victim of this incident to come forward in assisting them with the investigation.

A Nottinghamshire Police spokesperson said: “We are investigating a report of an assault which happened outside Rock City during the early hours of Thursday (23 November 2017).

“We’re encouraging the victim or any witnesses to come forward.

“Licensing officials will be contacting the Rock City owners in relation to the incident.

Anyone with any information about the incident is urged to call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."