university east anglia world uni ranking 2022

University of East Anglia plummets down uni league tables in World Uni Ranking

Awkies x

University of East Anglia has plummeted down the league tables in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking, released today, going from 182 in the world last year for 2022, compared to this year’s 2023 results which sees the uni in the group of 201-250th.

The World University Rankings looks at almost 1,800 unis across over 100 countries, and ranks them. Only the top 200 in the world get an individual score, and unis after this are then put in groups of 50. Meaning UEA could have placed anywhere within the 201-250 group out of best unis in the world.

Last year’s result for the World Uni Ranking 2022 saw University of East Anglia improve a lot, going from 200th the year before to 182. But now UEA has fallen again.

All of the universities are given a score on different metrics. UEA scored 27.0 for teaching, 29.7 for research, 95.0 for citations, 37.7 for industry income, and 86.4 for international outlook.

The ranking also found that at the university there are 13.3 students per member of staff, 25 per cent of students are international students, there are far more female than male students (a 58:42 ratio), and just under 16,000 full-time-equivalent students.

The best uni in the entire world is also a UK uni – sorry Cambridge, Oxford takes the crown. Cambridge is a measly third place in the world (second in the UK), with Imperial the third best uni in the country and 10th in the world. Loads more UK unis are high up in the world ranking, including Edinburgh, King’s, LSE, Manchester and Bristol.

Better luck next time UEA xoxo

You can view the full rankings here.

Do you want to write articles like this? Do you want to uncover the biggest stories on campus? The Tab Norwich is looking for new writers and we want you! To find out about how to join the team, DM us on Instagram @thetab_norwich