celebrities at uni 2022

The celebs, influencers and royals who are studying at your UK university this year

Imagine walking into halls and seeing the Queen’s actual grandchild there

At uni you finally escape the bubble of your secondary school and hometown, and meet people from all walks of life. But the one group of people you probably don’t expect to bump into in your grimy halls kitchen, the library, or a Wednesday club night, is actual celebrities. But it turns out that at UK unis there are a whole load of celebs, influencers, reality stars and even royalty.

Some celebrities graduated from uni earlier in summer 2022 – think influencer Nayna Florence Patel at Edinburgh, studytuber Ruby Granger at Exeter, and TikToker and podcaster GK Barry, who last year was doing a Master’s at Nottingham Trent. But there are still loads more unexpected famous faces at unis up and down the country.

From Made in Chelsea to TikTok and actual royalty, here are all the celebrities studying at uni in the UK, in the year of our lord 2022:

Issy Baum – Manchester Metropolitan

Issy is a model and Made in Chelsea star, as well as studying part time at Man Met. According to her LinkedIn Issy started her degree in fashion promotion last year and is due to graduate in 2024. Through her modelling, Issy has worked for brands including Urban Outfitters, ASOS and NARS.

Robbie Mullett – UCL

Fellow Made in Chelsea star Robbie is currently studying law at UCL. He’s previously spoken to The Tab about how he balances Made In Chelsea and uni, saying people on campus “are aware I am on the show and that is fine”. He said he’s only in law society, and doesn’t go to sport’s night, saying: “What’s sport’s night? Darling, I don’t do sports. I literally have two left feet so no sports for me!”

Malin Tomkins – Nottingham

Influencer Malin Tomkins is at Nottingham, studying geography and business. She has almost 200k followers on Instagram and almost 700k on TikTok, where content she posts includes uni outfit inspo. She’s also done some day in the life at uni vlogs on her YouTube channel.

Tilly Ramsay

Strictly Come Dancing star from last year, Tilly is Gordon Ramsay’s daughter as well as being a chef, influencer and presenter. She’s going into her second year at uni, and last year began Freshers’ whilst she was training for Strictly, so is clearly the most energetic person in the entire world. Tilly hasn’t confirmed where she is studying.

Lottie Lion – Bristol

Lottie on The Apprentice, via BBC

The Apprentice 2019’s Lottie Lion started at Bristol last year studying law, meaning she is going in to her second year now. Last year when Lottie announced the news to her Instagram followers she said going to Bristol University is a “huge change in direction” for her, but is a goal she’s “really proud to achieve”. She brought a house in Bristol, so won’t be in a grotty uni house.

Lady Louise Windsor – St Andrews

via Tim Rooke/Shutterstock

The Queen’s granddaughter and daughter of Prince Edward, Lady Louise Windsor is the latest member of the royal family to go to St Andrews University, after Will and Kate famously met there. Louise is 18 years old and is a fresher at St Andrews this year, having just done her A-Levels. She is studying English. Over the summer she’s been working at a garden centre, reportedly earning £6.83 an hour. A humble queen – sorry, Lady x

Margarita Armstrong Jones – Oxford Brookes

Another member of the royal family who is one of the celebrities at uni in 2022! This time it’s Margarita Armstrong Jones – the granddaughter of Princess Margaret, the Queen’s sister. Margarita is in her final year at Oxford Brookes, according to her LinkedIn. She has a very vibey photography account, as well as a jewellery making business.

Lidia Baylis-Zullo – Manchester

Influencer Lidia Baylis-Zullo studies history at Manchester University and is going into her third year. She lives in a very boujee flat with her mate and has 137k followers on Instagram right now. Her sister Cinzia Baylis-Zullo is an influencer also, with over 500k followers, and runs The Girls’ Bathroom podcast with their mate Sophia Tuxford.

Woody Cook – Bristol

Another one of the celebrities at uni is Zoe Ball and Fatboy Slim’s son Woody Cook started at Bristol in 2020, meaning he’s going into his third year now in 2022. He was on The Circle in 2019 and since has been on Celebrity Gogglebox with his mum Zoe.

Glo Cortez – Bolton

Glo studies at the University of Bolton, living in Manchester. She’s a dancer and TikToker with almost 270k followers! There’s a slide in her uni accommodation and I’m only a little bit jealous. Glo also has almost 50k followers on Instagram.

Lydia Violeta – Leeds

YouTuber and influencer Lydia is studying business management at Leeds University, and has just come back from studying abroad in Copenhagen. She shares uni tips and vlogs of her studies, as well as travel and lifestyle content, on her Instagram as well as YouTube, where she has 239k subscribers.

Aoife Mcmorrow (aka mamaaoife) – Lincoln

Lincoln student Aoife is defo all over your TikTok FYP – she has almost 350k followers on her @mamaaoife account. She studies advertising and marketing, and has previously spoken to The Lincoln Tab about running her social media accounts whilst being a student, saying: “It definitely took its toll on my mental health on a few occasions because I didn’t feel like I was having any downtime, but I started putting myself first and remembered no amount of views and no assignment was worth my sacrificing my well-being.”

Ruby Cline – Cambridge

Ruby is going into her second year at Cambridge and posts videos about her uni experience on TikTok @conversationswithruby, where she has over 30k followers and and 1.6m likes on her videos. One of her biggest videos is this, where she shares her uni packing list:

@conversationswithruby

my uni packing list was an interesting one, but here’s what I’ve learnt! How are you prepping for freshers? #fresher2022 #university #alevels2022 #uniwithruby

♬ original sound – Ruby Cline

Featured image via Instagram @lidiabayliszullo @robbie.mullett @tillyramsay