Image may contain: Housing, Architecture, Building

Concrete Confessions is BACK: We investigated the saga behind its disappearance

I’m so confused right now

Concrete Confessions has been a pillar of UEA life over the past year or so, being the basis of many a wonderful tale. From the time we had a brief but wonderful rivalry with the University of Warwick, to the saga of short English Lit girl and tall History boy, and how we managed to get garlic bread sold in the SU shop, all down to the power of Concrete Confessions.

But then – it disappeared, and we were left with many a question.

We investigated why Concrete Confessions had been left silent, and where UEA students can go to get their full dose of memes, confessions and drama in a period fuelled with summatives and exam revision.

The last confession posted was on the 13th November, about the death of Marvel creator Stan Lee; it clearly had a huge affect on the admin of the page to have refrained from posting anymore confessions since.

Image may contain: Label, Word, Text

Is this the last ever confession we'll see?

Students started to question why the confessions had ground to a halt and expressed their sadness over the potential loss of the page forever.

Image may contain: Number, Symbol, Letter, License, Document, Driving License, Page, Word, Person, Human, Text

Give the people what they want!

Image may contain: Page, License, Driving License, Document, Text

Me too 🙁

Suggestions ensued on the original post asking what exactly happened to Concrete Confessions

Image may contain: Text Message, Human, Person, Text

Maybe everything will be okay after all

We looked into the claim that someone had created a NEW meme page, which amazingly turned out to be true. A new era of Confessions: "Concrete Truths between UEA Youths"

Image may contain: Brochure, Flyer, Paper, Poster, Advertisement

New hope?

The Norwich Tab spoke to the admin behind new meme page and they told us why they felt compelled to set up the page: "I felt that the university lost it’s sense of community. I got so bored, I actually started my reading for my seminars, and even got enjoyment out of doing my laundry. A confessions community is vital to allow my fellow students to procrastinate, especially during those hard summative periods."

Image may contain: Page, Face, Text

Concrete Confessions will always have a place in my heart

Asked if they'd had many submissions so far, the admin told us: "It started off slow, but it’s kicking off over the last few days" – we can't wait to see it kick off further into the new year.

HOWEVER, in a shock turn of events, posts from Concrete Confessions started appearing again around the time of writing this article.

Image may contain: Page, Text

I'm so confused right now

We spoke to Sam Gurbutt, a third year PPE student, who was revealed as admin of Concrete Confessions last year, to clear up the confusion. He said:

"It's still me, I was trying to think of a witty quote to reply and I failed. I was just taking a brief break from confessioning."

He confirmed that he was: "still here" at UEA.

So order has been restored? Or will we now have two pages fighting it out for the best confessions, memes and drama that UEA has to offer? Watch this space.