Oxjam are hosting a Norwich Takeover

It’s all about local music for a good cause…

This Saturday is host to the Oxjam Norwich Takeover, a massive charity event that promises to be a great night. The event is being run by a group of volunteers Laura Goldthorp, Daisy Jones and Steven Burkett with the help of the UEA Oxfam Society who have also volunteered to help. All proceeds from the event go Oxfam and every volunteer is helping out for free.

Now in its tenth year of running, the Oxjam Norwich Takeover will take place across the city in several different venus including Gonzo’s Team Rooms, The Birdcage, Owl Sanctuary and The Alley. Each being host to local musicians and prices that promise to be student friendly. Fundraisers are taking place on both Thursday and Friday – located at Gonzo’s Team Rooms and Mr Postles’ Apothecary respectively.

Laura had this to say about the event: “As a musician myself I’ve always been inspired by how active and diverse the Norwich music community is, and Oxjam is a great way to bring together performers and appreciators alike for such an amazing global cause…We are very grateful to every volunteer involved for giving up their time, and the bands for agreeing to play for free and the various venues letting us hire for free, everyone’s been so supportive of what we’re doing.”

From the looks of it, Oxjam is lined to be a great night and definitely something students should hit up. More information can be found on their Facebook page and on their website.