UEA named as fourth most #influential UK uni on Twitter

UEA named as one of the top “social authorities”

UEA has been named as the 4th most influential university on Twitter.

The university’s official account, @uniofeastanglia, has a following count of over 22,000, which beats the country’s most influential university on Twitter, Plymouth, by 400 followers. The Times used the Twitter analytic tool ‘Followerwonk’ to assess each account’s level of influential activity, including the number of retweets the university gets, recent activity levels and follower counts.

UEA’s Twitter Bio

The universities were ranked by their ‘Social Authority’, with UEA receiving 66 points, just six points less than Plymouth. UEA also achieved two more ‘Social Authority’ points than Oxford and Cambridge.

The data also revealed that UEA has followers from America, Australia, Saudi Arabia, as well Belarus.

We’re big in Belarus: UEA’s Twitter followers’ locations

It also revealed that UEA has been active for a total of 1,878 days, amassing a current total of over 10,000 tweets. This marks yet another step in the right direction for UEA, as it was announced earlier this week that the university had risen to 15th place in The Complete University Guide rankings overall for 2015.

UEA’s Twitter Stats

First year Biology and Medicinal Chemistry student and Non-Portfolio Officer Tom Etheridge said: “UEA’s position in the latest ‘Twitter influence’ survey is a good example of the university looking to the future and making use of social media not only as a publicity outlet, but as a source of information and point of contact for students, and it comes at a good time for UEA having recently done well in various surveys and awards, with the Union’s clubs and societies being named the best in the country by What Uni and the Union overall being placed in the top 10 by the THE Student Satisfaction Survey. All of these are things that the university and the union should be proud of.”

If you don’t have Twitter then what do you even do with your spare time? But seriously, create an account and follow @uniofeastanglia now!