UEA Lecturers to Play Footie for Charity

A charity fundraiser in aid of Childreach International is giving students the chance to square up against a team of lecturers at home of Norwich City FC, Carrow Road, in a morning of football which promises to be highly memorable for all involved.

Carrow Road Charity football

Students are being given the chance to square up against a team of lecturers at Norwich FC's home ground by a 'Childreach International' charity fundraiser.

Participants will be treated to full use of the home and away dressing room facilities, car park, match balls and, most importantly, the chance to have a kick about on a Premiership quality ground for just a £50 donation to the charity.

If you prefer to cheer on rather than play the game itself, a nominal fee will provide access to the Director’s Box, famously home to the likes of Delia Smith and Stephen Fry on match days.

Third year student and organiser, Thomas Hurley, is encouraging both groups and individuals to come along to Norwich's home ground at Carrow Road on Monday 28th May.

But make sure you get your names down early since the event is proving such a hit that the original date of May 31st sold out.

Speaking to The Drop, Thomas Hurley discussed his motivation for organising the match:

"I'm putting on these events as part of the RAG trip to Peru whereby I’m trying to raise as much money as possible in order to trek Machu Pichu.

"I thought it'd be good to see students and staff from the Uni play football at the local ground for a bit of friendly competition, raising money for a great cause."

Childreach International work with local projects in the developing world, aiming to improve the lives of children through education, healthcare and legal protection.

"Student fundraisers are how Childreach create a great deal of their income. There are about 30 of us trying to raise money to go to Peru."

So for your chance to contribute to take part in a unique experience, and contribute to a fantastic cause along the way, get in touch via the Facebook page, or by emailing [email protected].