Northumbria Women’s Rugby is having a huge undefeated streak

Don’t say it’s not for girls

Fresh from their bad-ass triumph last Saturday, Northumbria Women’s rugby team are sitting pretty at the top of an undefeated streak and are the proud holders of the British University and College Sports Trophy.

Poly sporting legend Abbie Scott helped our team to their beautiful victory after beating off Cardiff Met with an unbelievable 37-15.

The strong girls have won all ten of their league games as they prepare to breeze through the upcoming Loughborough finals.

Well played ladies

Abbie absolutely smashed it

Our girls have put the Newcastle lads to shame as their team suffered a nasty 27-18 loss to Cardiff Met.

As if their Stan Calvert defeat wasn’t enough.

Victorious Captain Sarah Marshall said: “This has been the best and most successful year I think we’ve ever had.

“We’ve worked so hard and never given up from the moment we started pre-season in September to lifting the BUCS Trophy with an unbeaten season, wins at Clash of the Titans and Stan Calvert and promotion to the premiership along the way.

“I could not be happier to be a part of this team and I am so proud of every single one of the girls who have got us to where we are today. They’re all my heroes.

Don’t mess

Huddling in style

With our rugby babes voted by students as the best sports society to get on board with, our BUCS score is a cool 375.

Sheffield is number two with 104…try harder.