Tab vs Food: The Eat4Less Challenge

Serious food baby alert

eat4less man vs food tab vs food the tab

Eat4Less graced the people of Newcastle in October last year.

Judging from the mile-long queues down Northumberland street it has become the only place students go to for their lunch when at uni.

It comes as no surprise that students constantly rave about it; I mean at £1.75 for a baguette, fries and a can of pop you feel like you’re pulling their pants down.

https://twitter.com/Adz_Dawkins/status/535506458981728256

My love for Eat4Less has not gone unnoticed by my house mates.

“I wonder how many of those you could eat in one go” asked one of them when I was practically deep-throating my usual chicken and bacon baguette.

Being the most competitive person in the world replied with “I could definitely eat five in like fifteen minutes”

They called bullshit.

So, I cockily took myself off to Eat4Less and placed an order for five different baguettes

Here’s what tickled my pickle:

1. Chicken and Bacon
  2. Southern Fried Chicken
  3. Chunky Egg Mayo and Cress
  4. Thai Sweet Chilli Chicken
  5. BLT

All of that came to the grand total of £4.95 and I felt like I had robbed them

What an absolute bargain!

On my way home I noticed the weight of the bag and realised the enormity of this challenge.

I got home and laid them out next to one-another and began shaking like a shitting dog.

I had committed to eat a plate of food the size of a small baby.

hmmmm… bad idea?

The time had come, and I honestly would have rather high-fived a cactus than attempt this challenge.

That was so hard.

It wasn’t so much that I was too full I just couldn’t chew quick enough.

In hindsight, I should have made more use of the water as it made it easier to swallow.

I had to undo my trousers after the second sandwich as they were getting a bit restrictive.

serious food baby

Result: just under 3 1/2 baguettes in 15 minutes

I was well and truly defeated.

Think you could do better? Probably not -I’m pretty sure it’s impossible.

Tweet us using #eat4lesschallenge with your time (or even better a video).