Image may contain: Human, Person

Factory has appealed the suspension of their licence

They’ve offered to make all bouncers wear cameras

Factory has made a formal appeal against the temporary suspension of their licence.

The club didn’t contest the suspension made at an emergency meeting on December 5th, which followed the video showing eight bouncers attacking two men leaving one with a serious head injury.

Greater Manchester Police then petitioned Manchester City Council for a review of Factory’s premises licence.

An appeal submitted to Manchester City Council yesterday claims that “there have been material changes in circumstances” since the licence was suspended.

The Council are obligated to hold the appeal within 48 hours, and a meeting will take place tomorrow afternoon at Town Hall.

Factory’s appeal offers 18 conditions, which include all security staff being equipped with body cameras and that a metal detection wand is in use whenever the club is open.

Other proposed conditions include a limit of 100 people maximum in the smoking area and that “all crimes and incidents involving physical harm will immediately be reported to the police”.

Some of the conditions have already been fulfilled, such as the termination of Professional Security’s contract with the venue.

Whilst the appeal asks the authority to consider removing the suspension of the premises licence, it also proposes that Factory remains closed until after the full review on December 28th.

Factory Manchester did not contest the decision to have its licence suspended. We fully respect this decision by the…

Posted by Factory Manchester on Wednesday, December 5, 2018

A spokesperson for Manchester City Council told The Manchester Tab: “The full licensing review is set to take place on December 28. That follows on from the emergency meeting on the 5th where temporary sanctions were placed on Factory.

“However, the owners of Factory 251 have appealed against those measures. The appeal will be heard tomorrow (20th) in the Council Antechamber, in the Town Hall Extension building. It’s set to take place at 2pm, but that timing is provisional.

The appeals process doesn’t impact the original timetable however, and there will still be a hearing on December 28th.”

Greater Manchester Police confirmed on Monday that three more people had now been arrested in connection with the incident, bringing the total number of people arrested to seven.

All arrests were on suspicion of violent disorder and assault.

Factory and Greater Manchester Police have been approached for comment.