UCL Men’s Lacrosse player investigated over sexual assault allegations

The team member in question has been suspended by the club

A UCL Men’s Lacrosse player is being investigated over claims he sexually assaulted another student.

A spokesperson for UCL Men’s Lacrosse club said the alleged “actions are utterly antithetical to our values, our morals, and our ethos, not merely as a club, but as individual human beings.”

UCL is now working with the club and the Students’ Union to investigate the allegations.

The Men’s Lacrosse player who allegedly sexually assaulted a student has been suspended from the club while the investigation is ongoing.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Men’s Lacrosse said: “Behaviour of this sort is entirely unacceptable and it will not be tolerated. We are offering our full support to help those affected.”

The Men’s Lacrosse team has pledged to install further policies including “active bystander training” and “sexual violence training.”

Team members will be unable to play for the club if they do not complete this training.

A spokesperson for UCL said: “We are really concerned to hear of these allegations and are working with the Students’ Union UCL to investigate them.

“The wellbeing and safety of our students are of the greatest importance, and we continually strive to create an inclusive environment for all members of the UCL community. We offer multiple ways for reporting bullying, harassment, and sexual misconduct to allow those who have experienced harm to choose the reporting route that feels safest and most appropriate for them.

“Our Student Support and Wellbeing Services provide a safe, confidential, and non-judgemental space, in which our students can discuss any issues that may be affecting their ability to study. We encourage anyone struggling with their mental health and wellbeing to contact them to speak to an adviser.

“We also encourage students who feel they have experienced or witnessed bullying, harassment, or sexual misconduct by another student to make a formal report to the Student Casework Team through Report + Support. Where behaviour has been found to breach UCL’s policies, disciplinary action may be taken.

“Bullying, harassment, and sexual misconduct are never acceptable at UCL, and we encourage all members of our community to report any experiences of such behaviour, so that we can take action to prevent further instances.”