Image may contain: Portrait, Face, Cup, Drink, Beverage, Beer, Alcohol, Person, People, Human

“Come Together” for one pint at The Cavern Club

It’s all you’ll be able to afford on a student budget

Home to The Beatles, former work place of Cilla Black. Hell, the Arctic Monkeys even played there. The Cavern Club is a great place; it's full of history and has a notorious name for good music. But did a group of UoL students rate it?

"Bloody hell, there's a lot of stairs"

"It's a cool venue, very quirky"

"Floor's a bit sticky"

"This is one of my favourite songs!"

Were some of the first things said as we entered. As we got into the vibe of it, we rated the place highly… that was until we reached the bar.

"Can I get a pint please mate?"

"Sure. That'll cost you an arm and a leg." He might as well have said in response. (£4.60 for a bloody pint. Get looooost.)

It was an instant turn off.

Image may contain: Pub, Bar Counter

Can I get student discount on that drink?

On the bright side, the acoustic legend on the stage whacked out a bit of 'Hey Jude' and the mood was instantly lightened. The whole bar erupted with singing and laughter.

Image may contain: Pub, Bar Counter, Person, People, Human

Naaaaaaa naaa naa na na na naaa

If you're a student in Liverpool, it's a must-see simply because of the massive amounts of history it holds. Adele previewed her iconic album '21' in the Cavern Club in front of an audience of only 150 people. A few weeks later, that same album topped the charts not only in the UK, but also in the US. The Beatles have also played there 292 times between 1961 and 1963.

Image may contain: Poster

It's like the Louvre of live music. Pictures are hung from wall to wall of celebs who have stepped foot in the iconic venue. You'll feel like you're part of something truly special.

Image may contain: Poster, Person, People, Human

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?" – Greenbank when they find out a legend once lived across the road.

And if you're lucky, you'll spot your name written on the bricks from the millions of people who wanted to make a mark on the place.

Image may contain: Wall, Brick

Graffiti at its finest

The overall verdict would be that it has a great atmosphere. If you're looking for a drink (emphasis on the one) and a wicked place to jam out, this is the place for you. I'd just recommend going harder on the pre-drinks.

Image may contain: Worship, Buddha, Art, Person, People, Human

When John Lennon met me

Check it out on Matthew Street and 'Twist and Shout' the night away.