Liverpool are having a huge firework display over the Mersey

And it’s completely free

bonfire night city council council display fireworks liverpool mersey Wirral

Liverpool City Council’s Culture Liverpool campaign and the Wirral are joining forces on the 5th November to create a humongous firework display all along the Liverpool stretch of the Mersey – called the ‘River of Light’.

The fireworks display, which will take place from three barges located in the middle of the river, will kick off at 6:30om and will last around 20 minutes. Culture Liverpool have also promised some special added extras.

The build-up to the display will see live music, street performers, fire dancers and face-painting take over the Albert Docks, Princes Parade, Mann Island Basin and Hamilton Square on the Wirral.

You can view the fireworks all along the the waterfront and the event is completely free – you don’t even need to book a ticket.

Major of Liverpool, Joe Anderson, said: ““This year, November 5th is a Saturday night, so it feels like a great opportunity to try something different.  We want to make more of an evening of the event than we are able to with the traditional park displays, and think we can turn this into something which gets national attention”.