First day of school: campus street style

Freshers dressing to impress while they can still be bothered to make an effort

| UPDATED fashion campus

First day nerves didn’t exist for these fashionistas, who refused to fade into the background with their bold and brilliant outfits.

Megan, a first year Marketing student, nails one of this year’s top trends… Monochrome. Teamed up with ripped jeans and boots this look is perfect for letting everyone on campus know you mean business.

Megan’s Monochrome Masterpiece

The timeless leather jacket is an autumn staple that every fashionista must possess, so if you don’t own one, get one.  Alongside it, this fresher nails the dressed-up casual look by wearing it with a midi dress and ankle boots.

Megan, an English fresher

These fellas showed us that gym shorts and trackies should always be left at the door when leaving the house. These super slick lads showed us there really is no excuse for slacking on campus.

Did someone say boy band?

A skip backdrop, so edgy

Snapped rushing to their next lectures, these beautiful girls demonstrate two key trends in one outfit – the autumn floral and the heeled ankle boot (come on girls, give the rest of us a break over here).

Kirsty nailed it

Ayomide, a third year Mechanical Engineering student

This duo look simply gorgeous and prove coats and scarves don’t need to leave you looking like you’ve dressed for Arctic conditions. Looking great, ladies.

Annabelle and Ellice, first year English students

Finally as our campus crawl draws to a close we catch Tab editor Adam Payne musing on the mystery of life… or perhaps planning his outfit choices for the next week? Looking great Adam.

Caught in his natural habitat

All in all, the first day of Uni showcased some great fashion around campus, so there’s no excuse really. Always dress to impress, or The Tab will be onto you with our cameras firmly in hand.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.