University Boxers set for success

This coming Wednesday, Envi will host the end of year show for Liverpool Uni amateur boxing club in a night that promises to showcase the best student boxing action that Liverpool has to offer.

boxing Envi leeds liverpool no limits nottingham

Liverpool University Amateur Boxing Club is set to invade Envi on Wednesday and deliver some of the best student boxing action you are guaranteed to see all year.

Liverpool Uni ABC, based out of No Limits Gym at the bottom of Brownlow Hill, will be teaming up with John Moores to take on Leeds Met and Nottingham to decide once and for all which city boasts the best boxers.

The night will also showcase some of the best local talent that the city has to offer, including an under 12s skills bout, and with the cheap as chips entry fee, there really is no excuse not to come down and support Liverpool’s most promising boxing prospects of the future.

Third year Accounting and Finance student, Shenice Williams, is one of the Uni of Liverpool boxers hoping to lead the club to victory, and she seems in good spirits heading into the bout.  She said: “I’m really excited for Wednesday. I’ve been training hard, eating clean and feel well prepared. This is my first bout, so although I’m nervous, I feel ready for the challenge.”

LUABC in all its glory

The only other thing there is to do on a Wednesday night is being pressured by your friends and flatmates into trudging along to Med, then paying £6 entry for a night you might not even enjoy. Why waste your time and money when you could be enjoying the thrill of supporting your adopted home city’s hardest boxers?

If you’re really that desperate for your fix of Medication then you could always head down afterwards

The action will be happening at Envi, on Fleet Street, on Wednesday 14 May from 6.30pm.

Tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for children and will be available to buy on the door.

You can find out more about the event by visiting its official Facebook page.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.