How to dress for your body shape

The Tab go all Gok and tell you Liverpool students why you should learn your shape, not your weight!

Low self-esteem? Sick of buying things your boobs are too small for and tummy is too big for?  The Tab are going to talk about dressing for your shape, not your size.

Instead of buying what’s hot on the manikin, buy what’s hot on you!  As diva J-LO said in Monster in Law: “I’m buying the dress to fit me, not the other way around.”

With the January detox over (that went amazingly… yeah right!) we need to stop beating ourselves up about our body.  Whether you want to gain a few pounds, or lose a few, the frame of your body will never change.

Clothes should make you feel good.  Everyone should have that one item, that, no matter how many biscuits they ate yesterday, they can still put it on and not be afraid to bump into their ex with a middle finger.

Pick out what you like about your body; confidence is way more attractive than perfection – and it’s real.

Students of Liverpool work their hot bods!

The Perfect Pear: Liverpool Editor Catherine Reid ditches skinny jeans and wears a midi-skirt to exaggerate her ghetto booty, worn with a bandeau to draw attention to her petite back and shoulders and balance her out.

Hourglass Angel: Fashion writer Steph Brew wears a flippy-dress to extenuate her tiny waist and hide the tops of her legs.

Straight-up, pretty and petite: Jemima Finney is our diminutive diva who wears a two piece to create a waist and shorts a little higher than her midriff to exaggerate her long legs. Being so small you girls can pull off block colours, you perfect little pixies!

Boobielicious Babe: LJMU student Sophie Doyle works her top heavy shape with a darker jacket and a skater skirt. The flicks balance out her awesome rack and a V-line top subtly shows some cleavage. Work it honey!

Want to write for our Fashion section? Join our Facebook group.