Bargain booze bust-up

Customers were left distraught after an armed robbery took place at Bargain Booze on Prescot Road.

armed robbery bargain booze

A petrified woman had a gun shoved in her face as three men robbed Bargain Booze at gun point on Sunday.

Three men, believed to be in their early 20s, left with £100 from the store on Prescot Road in Old Swan on Sunday January 19.

It is the second time the store has been subject to an attack in a month.

Photo from the Liverpool Echo

The men entered the off-licence at around 6.45pm on Sunday night, approached the counter and one pointed a gun at the cashier demanding cash, saying: “I think I’m prone to danger.”

The woman who faced the ordeal said: “I was petrified. It happened at 6.45pm when I had just started my shift. There were three of them and they were all in their early 20s.

“One was by the door and the other two were by the counter and one of them pointed a revolver through a gap that customers speak through.

“He said to me, ‘Give me all your money now.’ You could just see their eyes – their neck clothing covered their faces.”

According to the description, one of the men wore a pale hoodie, the other a grey and blue-coloured hoodie, and the third was dressed in black.

One of the suspects on CCTV, photo from the Liverpool Echo

All three wore face coverings, only revealing their eyes.

It is believed there were customers in the store who left when the three men entered.

After robbing the store, the three men turned left down Prescot Road.

Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward and for members of the public who recognise the three men from CCTV pictures to contact them.

Merseyside Police force has more detectives working on tackling serious and organised crime than anywhere outside of London.

Due to these efforts, last year saw most successful year in fighting gun crime and removing weapons from the streets.

In 2013, 54 firearms were seized as part of a haul of more than 180 prohibited weapons.

The specialist anti-gun and gang crime unit of Merseyside Police, known as the Matrix, has had unprecedented success over the past decade and last week saw an expansion of its duties to cover all serious organised crimes.

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.