The results are in: Meet all the winners from Lincoln’s SU elections

And the winners are…

The results for Lincoln’s Students’ Union elections have been published. 30,558 votes were made in total, with 3,424 students voting, a 22 per cent voter turnout was made.

The SU is a “democratic organisation which is run by five elected Student Leaders, working full time. The role of the Student Leaders is to represent the student body on various issues, from welfare concerns to academic issues and much more.

“Because we are a democratic organisation, we run elections annually to elect the Student Leaders who will represent you on these issues.

“A number of Volunteer Officer roles are also elected in the SU elections, including Campaign Network Officers, who represent students who identify within their communities, e.g., LGBT+, BAME, etc., and Sports, Societies and Academic Societies Officers to represent all of the different sports and societies.”

Here is the full list of election results, and some info about them from our election week article:

Student Leaders:

Vice President of Education – Talia Adams (she/her)

Talia is a Pyschology student at the University of Lincoln and is now the new Vice President Education.

Talia described herself as “0utgoing, ambitious and, reliable.” Her goals as the VP of Education are to “improce Lincoln students’academic and wider university experience as VP education and aim to: enhance academic support, focus on equality, diversity, and inclusion, and support student development and ideas.”

Vice President of International – Amina Akugri (she/her)

Amina is an Accounting and Finance student at the university and has maintained her place as Vice President International.

Amina described herself as “approachable, responsible and, support.” She said: “Students need a dedicated person to represent them and I am your girl, Amina.”

Vice President of Wellbeing & Community – Harriet Kennedy (she/her)

Harriet is a Law student and is Students’ Union’s latest Vice President Wellbeing and Community.

Harriet described herself as “caring, bubbly, and determined.” “Wellbeing is a cause I care about more than ever, I personally know how hard it is to handle wellbeing issues and all I want is to help people get through that”, she said.

Vice President of Campaigns & Environment – Nastah Kirchin (she/her)

Natasha is third year Pyschology student at UoL and described herself as “passionate, qualified and queer.”

Natasha told The Tab Lincoln she wants “to fight for the rights of marginalised people and make Lincoln a safer home for everyone.”

Vice President of Activities – Katrina Watson

Katrina Watson won this year’s role as Lincoln SU’s Vice President of Activities.

Volunteer Officers:

International Students Association Officer – Benjamin Tan (he/him)

Benjamin is an Animation and Visual Effects student at the University of Lincoln and won this year’s role as the SU’s International Students Association Officer.

Benjamin describes himself as “loyal, brave, and true”. On June 21st, when clubs reopen, he told The Lincoln Tab that he will be: “Going out out, meeting with old friends and new ones, being human again.”

His key goal as the International Students Association Officer “is to ensure the ISA community is continued to be a great part of the University and that the social aspect of student life is brought back greater than before by offering more diverse social events that ISA could run in the following months and years.”

Community Officer – Kelly Quinton-Jones

Kelly Quinton-Jones won this year’s role as the SU’s Community Officer. Kelly aims “to help create a safer Lincoln.”

LGBT+ Officer – Ki Loveday Edwards

For the past year, Ki has been the secretary for the campaigns network, “working with the committee to bring events such as Transgender Day of Remembrance and LGBT History Month.”

In their manifesto, Ki said: “If elected, I would put pressure on the schools to set up student lead Inclusivity and Equality committees to make sure that all students are represented and protected throughout their time at university.”

Women’s Officer – Zuzanna Romanska (she/her)

Zuzanna is a MA Gender Studies student at Lincoln and described herself as “Feminist. Passionate. Aware.”

Zuzanna believes “women’s activism should have no borders.” She pursued her degree in gender studies as she was “eager to understand the complexities of the movement. I also wanted to find out how we can finally move forward to gender equality, leaving patriarchal supremacy behind us.”

Disabilities Officer – Georgia Allen (she/her)

Georgia is a a third year Pyschology student at Lincoln Uni and is taking on the role as the SU’s Disabilities Officer.

Georgia described herself as “ambitious, caring and, determined.” As Disabilities Officer, she wants to enforce “changes to accommodate any disability in daily life and in events should and can be implemented throughout the university.”

Environmental Officer – Rose Watson-Read

Rose Watson-Read won this year’s role as Lincoln SU’s Environmental Officer.

Societies Officer – Miles Halley (he/him)

Miles is a final year Film Production student at the University of Lincoln and has won this year’s role as the SU’s Societies Officer.

Miles described himself as “charismatic, passionate, and ambitious”. On June 21st, when everything is (hopefully) back to normal, he told The Lincoln Tab that you will find him “at the biggest party in Lincoln (if Boris allows)!”

As Societies Officer, he wants to “help all sports and societies come out of this pandemic better than ever.”