Police withdraw £10k fine for student who hosted a party at Viking House

It is still unknown as to why the fine was withdrawn

A student at the University of Lincoln was fined £10,000 for allegedly having a 100 person party last month. The party was held at Viking House, a uni-managed accommodation.

The fine has since been cancelled by Lincolnshire Police after reviewing the evidence. When the police arrive at the party on December 4, the party was said to have “at least 70 people, possibly up to 100.”

A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Police said: “The evidence was reviewed, and we decided to withdraw the ticket. We continue to work with the University who are very proactive and supportive in ensuring students act responsibly in our community.”

It is not yet known why the fine has been withdrawn.

Image may contain: Nature, Outdoors, Automobile, Vehicle, Car, Transportation, Roof, Suburb, City, Town, Metropolis, Urban, Neighborhood, Building

When the fine was first issued, Chief Superintendent Jon McAdam said he hoped it would act “as a warning to others”. He continued to say: “It’s only a small minority, as we’ve seen in this case, that have decided to completely ignore the regulations.

“We will do everything in our power to make sure people follow the regulations and will continue to work with our partners to ensure that others are taking appropriate steps to encourage compliance.”

It is unknown if the student has faced any action from the university and if its internal investigation has been completed.

Image may contain: Architecture, Town, City, Urban, Shelter, Outdoors, Countryside, Rural, Nature, Office Building, Building, Handrail, Banister

A spokesperson for the University of Lincoln said: “We regularly remind students about the importance of responsible behaviour and all of our students sign up to a community living pledge here at Lincoln.

“Overall, our students are responsible and the vast majority follow the rules and are concerned about their friends the wider community’s safety. As a university we deplore the irresponsible behaviour of a small number of individuals.

“We are taking this matter extremely seriously and an internal investigation is ongoing and any necessary action will be taken once the investigation is completed.”

Know something? Message The Tab Lincoln on Facebook or Instagram.