VOTE for the best pet in Leeds: The Final
Our finalists are all extremely cute
Well, ladies and gentlemen. We’ve done it. We’ve reached the final. We’re here. A whopping 1,143 of your kind souls voted on which pet should be crowned as The Best Pet in Leeds.
We’ve taken the top 3 contenders from each heat and now they’ll battle it out for the crown, so keep reading to find out who made the final. Let’s get on with it, shall we:
Heat 1: Bear, Frank and Chop
Bear received 91 votes, winning first place in Heat 1, taking 27.25% of the votes.
• A nine month old Chow Chow (a very big puppy)
• Leaves the room when any Vivaldi music is played
• Fave snacks are Cheese and Parsley
• Doesn’t wear socks (most of the time)
Frank came second in Heat 1, with a shiny 75 votes, winning 22.46% of the votes.
• Cavalier King Charles Puppy, who resides in Headingley
• Training to be a pet therapy dog so Tallie can bring him to uni and everyone can appreciate him
• Has developed the snore of a fully grown man
• Terrified of the microwave (poor students!!)
• Has an Instagram @frankthecavalier (quite famous 2.4k wow)
Chop came third in Heat 1, with a glamorous 72 votes, finessing 21.56% of the votes.
• Five month old Shar Pei, Short for Chopstick
• Favourite treat is ice cubes
• Loves Roundhay Park and walks through the City Centre
Heat 2: Toffee, Riddle and Ben
Toffee achieved the most votes in all three heats, with a MASSIVE 265 votes, giving him 42.95% of all votes in Heat 2.
• Toffee’s species is the third largest in the world.
• He hates people and grass on his ‘tootsies’.
Riddle scored a sexy second, with 73 votes, taking a 12.11% stake of the votes.
• Riddle is 14 months old and lives in Leeds City Centre.
• He loves greeting The Leeds Celtic Cheer Team after their rehearsals.
• Bit of an insta model and enjoys posting funny pics @riddle_theminisausagedog.
Ben came third in heat 2, only one vote behind riddle (72), taking 11.94% of the votes in heat 2.
• Ben is seven months old.
• He is described as a 10/10 who loves cuddles.
• He has been trained to stand on your head when he wants treats (fair play).
Heat 3: Edna, Will.i.am & Britney and Pepper
Edna was the second furry friend in Leeds to score a triple-figure vote, with 104 votes and over 50.49% of all votes in Heat 3.
• Edna Lives in Hyde Park
• Often found frequenting her local watering hole the Brudenell Social Club
• Or frolicking in the natures of Burley
• Won’t drink her water unless you hold her bottle for her
Will.i.am and Britney
Will.i.am and Britney took a total of 39 votes, an 18.93% share of votes in Heat 3.
• From Hyde Park
• Let’s be honest, can you name a more iconic duo (apart from the Echo Dot & the Black Eyed Peas)
• They are reversing gender roles – Britney is a Boy, Will.i.am is a girl
• Britney is a Syrian hamster, Will.i.am is a dwarf hamster
• Follow their insta here!
Pepper (aka lil pep) is our last finalist, scoring 24 votes and taking 11.65% of all votes in Heat 3.
• Lives in Woodhouse
• Found on the streets of Bradford after following home someone else’s cat
• Favourite game includes hiding in the shower curtain
• Only exists via the Internet (exclusive)
The Final Rundown
With a contest spanning December, the Christmas Holidays and January, we are so excited to reveal the finalists. The winner will be announced as The Best Pet in Leeds, what a banging title. Make sure to share the link with friends & family, as every vote counts. Bonus points if you send it to your mum on WhatsApp. Good luck and may the best pet win!
Voting closes Friday 29 January at 10AM.
Related articles recommended by this writer:
• It turns out the Vixen from The Chase studied at the University of Leeds
• Leeds SU ‘dissapointed that Leeds Uni’s rent rebate announcement doesn’t go far enough
• ‘All hell broke loose’: Hundreds of Leeds students gather for snowball fight