Image may contain: Human, Person, Book, Library, Indoors, Room

Edward Boyle is currently the only library open to Uni of Leeds students

All other libraries are closed until further notice

All libraries, except Edward Boyle, are closed at the University of Leeds from today.

Edward Boyle will operate at ‘limited capacity’, but is still available to book on Eventbrite. Leeds University Library says you will have to have a negative coronavirus test in order to use the library or collect books.

Some students received an email from Leeds University Library cancelling study spaces after the government lockdown announcement, which instructed students to stay away from university until mid-February.

The email read: “We’re sorry, but we’ve had to cancel your study session due to the new Coronavirus lockdown measures.

“We are closing the Laidlaw, Brotherton and Health Sciences Libraries from Wednesday 6 January. The Edward Boyle Library will remain open for study with a limited capacity.

“This means you will need to rebook a study space at the Edward Boyle Library via Eventbrite – even if you previously booked a study session at this library.

“You must have a negative coronavirus test to use the Library for study and to collect books. Find out how to book an asymptomatic test at the University’s Coronavirus website.”

It is still possible to book separate staff and postgraduate study space in Edward Boyle.

This development was not outlined in university communications to all students, though they did provide information on how to get a lateral flow test, which you can book through this link if you are returning to university.

At the time of writing, standard Edward Boyle study spaces have sold out until Saturday. It is possible to book spaces as a postgraduate or staff member in the Edward Boyle library.

You can read the University of Leeds’ coronavirus page here for updates.

Related Stories recommended by this writer: