Exclusive: Canal Mills owners suggest a new venue will open soon

You don’t need to sell your wavey garms just yet

Following the heart-breaking announcement that Canal Mills will be closing its doors for the final time on New Years Day, a dark cloud fell over the population of Leeds.

Today however, that dark cloud has been lifted, as James Bolger from Canal Mills revealed that a new venue will be opening in 2019, soon after Canal Mills' final event.

He told The Tab Leeds: "We'll be opening a new venue in 2019, details are to follow very soon on this".

Outbreak mates fest 🔥

A post shared by Connor (@con_lmtr) on

This new venue could be the answer to the "next venture" which Canal Mills hinted towards in their statement, in which they promised: "As one door closes, another opens – stay tuned for our next venture". You don't need to thrift all of your wavey garms on Depop just yet, because we can always hope that a venue as legendry as Canal Mills is waiting behind this "new door".

Whilst this new venue is gradually revealed to us, plans to turn the current Canal Mills site into a residential development should have been approved by April 17th.

However, in a rare occurrence, the approval deadline has been extended until the 21st August. The proposal to turn the beloved venue into a mixture of townhouses, apartments and commercial space has yet to be confirmed.